Dreaming Indigo

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Busy as a Freakin' Bee

So I tell you I am going to post 2 times a week and here it is a week later than that and I am just now updating. I know! I am soooo lazy sometimes! Actually, it has been a pretty busy week. I have been working for my former job for a few days while the girl that took my place took a couple days off. I was only there for about 5 hours a day in the AM because I have my current job to get to by 2:30ish. I really did like that job and had worked there for almost 10 years. It was at a printing shop and I started out by running the copier and doing menial things. Moved onto finishing (Bindery), customer service and then into the Graphics Dept where I taught myself the ins and outs of many graphics programs from Adobe, Corel, Microsoft and lots of others. I also taught myself both the PC and Mac platforms and am very proud of my accomplishments. Seriously, when I first went to the grahics end I didn't even know how to boot up a computer. YIKES!

Anyway, when my daughter was born, my plan was to be a SAHM. Of course reality sets in and for some people it is just not feasible to have 1 person working. I was also adamant about not putting her in daycare that young. So I ended up taking her to work with me until she was 8 months old. I had my own office there so I could bring a blanket, toys, play pen and anything else she needed. I also cut my hours back to just working every other day. After leaving there, I went to work at Auto Trader for about a year. The hours were from 9pm - 2am and were perfect for me - L would be asleep when I left and I could still manage to get about 6 hours sleep before she woke up in the morning. And then we would take a nap together. That job was a favorite of mine too and was very hard to leave.

When my current job became available I had serious doubts about being able to do the work. It would require about 5 hours on the road, stopping at customer locations and retrieving packages. Sometimes heavy lifting. It wasn't like it was going to be very hard "mentally" but physically, I am not in the greatest of shape. This job has actually been good tho and I have lots about 15lbs. All in all, I love this job as well. The hours are great (2:30 - 8:00pm), I still make it home in time for a late dinner with my DH and daughter, I get to put L to bed for the night and wake up with her in the morning and spend most of the day together. She goes to daycare from about 2:30 until her daddy picks her up at 6pm and she LOVES it! I am thankful that she does not go full time just yet but soon she will be ready to do just that.

Well - off to the store I go, so I will post in a few days (hahaha). Maybe I can get in a few lines between the 2 graduation ceremonies, 1 graduation party, and wedding we have to go to this week. Busy Busy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home